This page describes policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
By using the Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
While Trustium makes best efforts to provide reasonable and accurate categorization of news articles, automatically rating articles is prone to inherent subjectivity and error. Users are encouraged to use a variety of decision-making sources, and apply their own judgement on which articles to consume.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information to provide and improve our service to you.
Types of Data Collected
- We collect the text from news articles you have visited. We collect this information to provide an analysis of the news article and to improve the service, specifically to help train our Machine Learning model.
- We do not link news article information to you in any way except when you voluntarily submit feedback.
- If you submit feedback and have created a membership account, that feedback is linked to your personally identifiable information.
- We collect personal information about you to create your account and track your subscriptions.
- We do not sell your data to anyone, nor do we share it outside of Trustium
- We do not store any personally identifiable information about you unless you submit it to us during account creation.
- We do not track your website history, nor do we create any sort of inferred profile information about you.
Site Usage Data
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device (“Usage Data”).
This Usage Data may include information such as the browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service visited, the time and date of the visit, the time spent on those pages and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device, the mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser and other diagnostic data.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Use of Data
Trustium uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
We do not sell your data to anyone, nor do we share it outside of Trustium.
Disclosure Of Data
Trustium may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Trustium
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment or submit feedback, the information and its metadata may be retained indefinitely.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.